We depend entirely on donations, sponsorship and volunteer accommodation fees. All funds go directly to supporting our children by paying for rent, food, bills, clothes, medical care and education. None of us draw a wage for our work.
We believe our supporters should know exactly how their donation is spent. So we’ve created a summary of all our Running Costs.
Hope for the future
With current funding we can take basic care of our children. However, there’s much more we’d like to be able to do:
- Increase the variety and nutritional content of our children’s diet: Milk, eggs, fruit and vegetables are expensive. We’d love to provide them more regularly.
- Buy more necessary household items: ‘Extra’ expenses such as cooking utensils and bedding currently come from our food and health budget.
- Provide more vocational training: We want to support our children into adulthood through training in fields like agriculture, IT, trade, and health.
- Encouraging hobbies: It’d be great to send children with special interests to classes they’d love, like art and handicrafts.
- More sponsorship as a route out of poverty: Some children are with us because their parents can’t afford to take care of them. We aim to break the cycle of poverty by providing childcare while parents work or study to improve their employment prospects.
If you’d like to help us achieve these goals, see our How to Help page – we’d love to hear from you!